Friday, November 29, 2013

Were you so extra emotional because it is so close to the finish, or. . . ? Yes, but the whole day

Toit Nets on Cookie | YOU
News Celebrities Local International Story Strange Story Recipes Less than an hour more than an hour 4 persons or less 4 people or more Grills Beverages Baked Vegetable dishes Chicken Main Courses Desserts Breakfast Pangeregte Poultry Red Meat Seafood Salads Pork Vegetarian snacks Starters (Soup too) Venison Lifestyle Depression Health Money Matters Home & Decor Kids Food Fashion Beauty Tips that work - video's Way Videos int Infografika Videos Tips that Work Entertainment TV Music Movies Books Blogs Behind the scenes int at YOU Arlene Prinsloo - Royalty Books Celeb Junkie Erla-Mari Jeffries - Relationships Ian Bredenkamp - Music Morgan Deane Smith Mari-Louis Guy - Food Cavernelis Natalie Mark Pilgrim - Olga TV Channing - Education Sarah Graham - Food Stadsjaap - Men Fashion Fat Chef - Kitchen Other Matches Won HG Travel Club Shop Shop Classroom teachers MyEdit Spree
In probably the emosiebelaaiste episode of Cookie, where the top three teams temporarily reunited with family members, the caterer Toit du Toit Nets (33) and her partner, Magda Johnstone, in the closing stages of the cooking competition stuck.
On a farm between Montagu and Barrydale in the Western Cape, told Toit Nets YOU how it feels to be so close to the end with empty hands to go home, the top two teams' strengths int and weaknesses are and where you her Super Cool tart and sweet-sour sauce recipe liver can get.
So close and yet so far! How do you feel about the end of your trip Cookie? It was an amazing trip. My first emotion was that I Magda disappointing, because you want to compete int and the winning of the battle action. I also feel I have my family and friends disappointed, but I know they are proud. It's like your child is the second or third in a race scored: You're still proud, if your child does not win.
It did not seem your food a flop was. Was the top three teams all just incredibly strong and someone had to go home? Yes, It's that part of the competition where the standard was just incredibly high. All the teams have an equally good chance of going through to the finals. But on that given day, it was our turn to be packing our bags.
Do you have a premonition you go home? We initially said we did not expect, but after the time say that we knew. The morning when I got up, I thought we were going home. At the long table, we know the end is upon us.
Were you so extra emotional because it is so close to the finish, or. . . ? Yes, but the whole day was actually emosiebelaai because our family was there. My mother, Riana Ferreira, my full emotion. But once we got out, we looked back and realized how fortunate we were to all the new people to meet and how special onthoukos really is. We are incredibly grateful that we are part of the Cookie-traveled, int but also disappointed because it was so close to the finals.
There are only two teams over - Tiaan Langenegger with Mynhardt Joubert and Theresa Smith with Ida Klopper. What both teams' strengths and weaknesses? Tiaan and Mynhardt an incredibly peaceful approach to cooking and really love and creative with onthoukos and our culture. They understand how to renew it for a new generation tempting to make. But it can basement: They are sometimes oorambisieus and put too many elements on the plate. With the little int time we have, they take a lot of unnecessary pressure on themselves. If you go to a horse race goes, there's always those unfamiliar horses that no one money bet, but at the end they came over and surprised the crowd - and it's Theresa Ida's trump card and their success. Theresa has an incredible knowledge of food. Ida is also an amazing cook who still look, but do not be surprised if they have a rabbit out of a hat pulled - because they can! They did not have much confidence: they see themselves as "underdogs", I feel they are not. I do think they are doing enough to renew their cuisine not. Any of the teams can win.
Besides winning, you feel you are in the program achieve what you wanted? Yes, definitely. I never thought I was going so far. Cookie me my life, food and our heritage completely revived. I think about it differently. If I won, I would not have got out of the series as I have now, but a win would not have made a difference yet.
What is in your eyes your best moment of the series? There are actually three: When we made sausage, it made me really close to the heart,. My grandfather on the farm sausages, and hanging out. It has so many memories of my growing up years returned.
Dan: When we worked the pastry. I have my grandmother's recipe, and my grandmother taught me how to do it right. I bai

No comments:

Post a Comment